Below is a brief outline of the comprehensive and robust workshop package which gives job seekers a deeper understanding of the job market and interview process, CV writing, interview skills, and other assessments they might come across.
- Writing CVs – A CV is your calling card, get it right. Coaching on format and content.
- Applying for a Job – Job Descriptions, Skills and Qualities, answering application questions. Applications and covering letters.
- Preparing for an interview – Do your homework. Shadowing. Describing skills and qualities and the difference between the two. Preparing questions based on the JD.
- Appearance and behaviours – Appearance- what to wear, hair, make up. Behaviours. Attitude. Habits. Building Rapport. Halo/Horns effect.
- Questions and Answers – How to appropriately and succinctly answer questions without waffling! Various professional models used. [The S.T.A.R or W.H.O techniques.]
- Myth busting – Most people get nervous in an interview so myth busting is important in a session such as this. Discussing the interviewer and talking about their responsibilities.
- Write up sheets – What interviewers are looking for in a candidate and how interviewees are assessed.
- Interview Practice – A few practice sessions [role play] on what a real interview looks like. Discussing and learning from the scenarios played out.
- Duration of Workshop – 5 Hours
Each workshop can be tailored to specific needs. Workshops can be broken down into sections – for example, you could have a whole 5 hours on just CV writing and another 4 hour session on Interviews. Or you could have 5 X 1 Hour sessions to cover any of the above areas. These workshops are designed to be delivered to as many as 40 students per session.